Monday, August 9, 2010

Backyard Bliss

June 2010


We have been wanting to get a swing set for the kids in the backyard for a couple christmas' now, but they are so pricey and we kept putting it off. So this spring we started seriously looking and asked our trusty pal, Craig's list, for some help. The sets go so fast so we were having a hard time finding one that was a good size for our yard and that wasn't too exspensive. Mark found one while I was catering one day and he took the kids to look at it. They loved it and talked to guy down from $300 to $250. So mark went to borrow my brothers truck and ended up getting a ticket on the y way there. Totally bummed out he calls me, not wanting o get the set anymore. I was bummed too, but thought maybe it was for a reason and we should pray about it to see if the ticket was to stop us from getting this set because it wasnt right for us, or a deterrant standing in the way of something good for our family. Mark says to me, "How can a ticket be a good thing??"

So he didnt get it that night but the next day he called the guy back because we felt it was good for our family, and they decided Mark would come get the set the next day after work. When Mark got there, the man and his wife told Mark they felt bad for him getting the ticket and he seemed like a nice family guy and all so to just give them $50 for the swingset!!! $50!! Mark says, "did you know it was my birthday or something?!" (Because , in fact, it was his Birthday that day) and the guys of course says no.

So we got this awesome swingset, theat is the perfect size for our yard, for $50:

Before

We got the same color of deck paint as our back porch and fence and painted that puppy up and this is what it looks like after!





Not bad for $50:) And no my children play and play out side! Yeah! Especially just before dinnertime when they used to run around the kitchen, I send them outback and I can cook relatively chaos-free...its bliss:)
I am grateful for answers to prayers and for our Heavenly Father being continually mindful of each of us and our individual circumstances. It never ceases to amaze me.


4 comments:

Lindsay K. said...

Heather! You have turned into the blogging queen! Your putting me to shame.

Can't wait to see you in a couple days and let the kids play on your awesome playset!

Staceygirl said...

I think you're trying to make me jealous, and it's working!! I've also been wanting a play set for a long time, but I'm not a craigslist pro. We bought one table off of there, but the color wasn't quite right, so we had to turn around and sell it again. At least we got what we paid! I have this goal to get some other furniture off of there so that I can pay less, but so far haven't. Good job!

Unknown said...

You got a deal!

Jenn said...

Aren't swing sets the BEST?!?!