
Ok. I think I am a pretty perceptive person. But what happened last night was ridiculous. Mark got home late from work, it was a friday evening, so we decided to grab some Mexican food at a newly re-opened joint not too far from our house. Brielle, for some reason, asks to go there everytime we pass it on our way to Blake's school. So we went, all 3 kids in tow, Mark and I. The kids were being more pestering to each other than normal and Chase couldn't inhale his baby pears fast enough, so I was pretty preoccupied. But suddenly all these cop cars come screeching, lights blazin' sirens screamin' into the parking lot of good ol' Oscars fine Mexican food. Mark Says to me, "I wonder if this place just got robbed." (Me) "Umm, what?" That really didn't register. (Mark) "I think this place just got robbed, I saw a guy running out of here and I just thought he was in a hurry." Yah, in a hurry to take off with his stolen loot! (Me) "Are you kidding me?! And we didn't even know it?!" Man, I must be oblivious. Or, Heavenly Father was looking out for us.
Here's the deal: when we have been there before, we usually sit at the table near the cash register and I felt like we should sit a few tables further into the restaurant. It was out of the view of the register. The theif had run behind the counter, grabbed the workers shirt and pulled the gun on her, her told her to get all the money out of the register, took it, and then ran out. If we had seen this all happen, it would had probably initiated 2 very stupid responses. 1.) I , upon seeing a gun, would have freaked out because my children were right there and it might have scared my kids and spooked the guy into doing something dangerous . And 2.) Mark, upon seeing the gun, would have probably tried to do something heroic like stop him or run after him as he left.
I just can't believe it happened while we were there trying to enjoy a little family dinner. I am grateful nothing bad happened and that my kids didn't have to see any of that go down. I don't need Blake having any more bad dreams. As it is he won't go anywhere in our house if it's dark.
Sticks in the Mud
2 years ago
13 comments:
Oh my goodness! I can't believe it! It sounds like you guys were really protected. So is the pic of the robber? LOL I'm glad that you were all okay!! Yet another thing to be thankful for.
Oh my gosh! I am so glad you guys are safe and nothing bad happened.
I'm glad you guys are okay! That's crazy. I loved your description of what might have happened had you sat closer. Thank goodness for divine intervention.
Wow, that's really crazy. And what do you think the robber got away with at a fast food mexican joint - like $100 or so??? Glad y'all are ok!
SCARY! Did they end up catching the guy?
Dang, I'm glad you guys are all okay. That's got to be one you'll never forget!! Maybe you shoulda stuck to El Puerto in the ghetto:)
Wow! What a scary thing to have happen right behind your back! I'm grateful the Lord was looking out for your little family.
I still think the story I 'HEARD' over the phone was better. I am such a dork. I am sorry you didn't have my full attention when you were telling me. Oh well...at least everything was ok and no one got hurt. :D
Okay, that's just crazy! Be grateful you were oblivious to it all and that nothing bad happened! Wow.
Crazy stuff! I with Dee dee I love El puerto in the ghetto. I am glad that your family wasn't hurt in any way. I hope u don't mind me looking at your blog.
Hello Heather! I found your blog through a comment on Dee Dees. What a crazy story. Your kids are adorable, and I love the name Chase ;D! Glad you are all ok. We are in MT, where there is NO Good MExican food! El Puerto sounds like a dream right now.
Oh no! I thought that was just a story you made up to get of Troy's Eagle Court of Honor (just kidding!!). That is terrible! Funny how the spirit can speak to you in what seems like a trivial thing at the time, but He knows what is to come - good thing you listened!! Yea the Mexican food in the ghetto is much better, but I can't guarentee they won't get robbed either!
Andrea
Do you still want to get together this weekend?
Post a Comment