Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holidays and Disneyland and injuries, OH MY!

Well, it's not Lions and Tigers and Bears, but this past month and a half has left me sayin, "Oh MY!!" It has been quite crazy!! So much has gone on and I am such a slacker with posting lately!! I will "briefly" give a re-cap of our families' crazy events that have gone on.

Blake starting having some tooth pain in late october, so we took him to the dentist and they pulled a tooth. The next day he looked like this. An absess/infection in a DIFFERENT tooth as a result to a reaction his body had to the filling in it. Poor guy had to take NASTY antibiotic and get another molar pulled and spacer put in. He was a CHAMP!


We campaigned for Prop 8, going to rally's making phone calls, and standing on busy street corners with our children as they shouted, "Yes on 8! Yes on 8! The only way to Procreate!" Heeheheheee.




We went Camping (in a cabin of course) at the KQ ranch in the Cuyamacas with my Grandparents in early november. Brielle and Blake LOVE their Great grandparents and Chase Glen is named after my Grandpa Glen Lee, so they have a special bond already. We had so much fun playing in the 4 foot tall loft of the cabin and miniature golfing.
The next week we were at the park and Blake decided to try and fly. He jumped off the top of a tunnel slide and broke both the bones in the middle of his right forearm. His arm pretty much looked like an upside down rainbow. I had to rush him to the ER where Mark met us there. Once I explained to Blake that he wasn't going to the Dentist (For the 30th time) he stopped whimpering and was asking me and all the doctors if he could "please just have a cast." They gave him IV's, re-set his arm, took a bizillion exrays and casted it and not one tear was shed by Blake. He was amazing. Poor guy, he has been through so much this past month! But he is excited to have another "green Hulk arm" all; the way up to his shoulder! He loves to write so much that even the cast doesn't keep him from it! I only had my cell phone with me at the hospital, so this is a pic of a pic taken from my cell. If you look real close you can see his bowed arm strapped to a support board. And no, he is not bending his wrist. Gross.


So then the NEXT day I was helping my mom decorate for a wedding and was up on a 7 foot ladder. I lost my balance when i turned to get down and fell backwards. As I was falling down, my foot caught the ladder and pulled it back toward my face and it crashed into my jaw, knocking me out. It bounced off my face the opposite direction and I landedon the foot of the ladder and on the floor with a nice padded bum. It was good that i blacked out for a sec because then I didn't break one of MY ARMS trying to catch myself, or break my fall. Blake was with me and so OF COURSE i couldn't cry because he had just been the Champ of the century at the hospital and I had to be brave like him. But it hurt SOO bad. I'm grateful my brother was there to give me a blessing immediately and I was NOT about to go to the ER after all of Blakes bills we had just acquired. I thinkmy jaws fine, it just has some lumps and I couldn't really open my mouth for a while to eat solid food. But hey, I wanted to lose a few pounds anyway. This is a pic the day after. The bruising got yellow and don't worry, I'll spare you the purple and black booty. ;)

Chase is crawling everywhere and pulling himself up onto everything now. (And getting into things!) And he got his first tooth, followed closely by the second.


"Santa" came early to our house this year. He really wanted to give the kids passes to Disneyland, and Mark only had the first week in December off, so he had to bring them early so we could use them before christmas. "Santa" found a really good deal on tickets (Yeah!!) and the kids woke up Wednesday, Cdec 3 to find presents and a note from Santa under the tree. They were so excited!! So we went right then!




We had sooo much fun that day. We went to California Adventure and then over to Disneyland for the rest of the night. Blake's fav was the Monster's Inc ride and HSM 3 parade at Cal Adventure and It's a Small World at Disneyland. Brielle of course LOVED being able to meet, talk, and dance with Sleeping Beauty and Loved Small World too, except she kept calling it "Sea World." Chase was sooo amazingly good the entire day! He just rode in the backpack and never fussed. And when we went on Small world he clapped his hands and just kept staring at all the decorations and lights on the ride.





I was really surprised that the kids wanted to go on the tea cups! I hadn't been on them since I was a kid and it was so fun!





We had an awesome ward Christmas dinner and program. Blake sand Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer with the primary kids.



We made our own gingerbread house this year. Mark carefully cut the graham crackers to build a structure with support beams and all. And the kids went to town with the candy. They kept sqealing with delight! They even made little reindeer and santa with his sleigh in the yard.






My aunt and uncle put up the lights at the temple every year and it is so beautiful! We love to go up and see all the lights, hear the choirs sing and feel the spirit of being on temple grounds.


We saw my sister and her family up there! So we got a nice picture of the Sisters, ahhh, how cute. Then the brother-in-laws, awww, how cu....what's the matter guys? How come your standing so far apart?! They thought they were so funny making fun of us taking our picture together. They're such jokesters, you can never get anything serious outta these two when they're together!


Brielle has LOVED going to preschool this past fall! She constantly talks about her friends and teachers and all she learns there. They had a christmas program where the kids sang songs. Brielle was so excited and jumping up and down. She did so well, no stage fright at all. She is definitely my little performer! Look out American Idol!




Let's see, what else has been goning on?? Blake now has a red and green christmas striped short cast, which gives him more mobility and hopefully that will come off the week after christmas. I had to get a root canal last week from an old filling that fell out the day we brought Blake back from his ordeal at the hospital.

We went caroling for family home evening and the kids had a great time. The first house that opened the door, Brielle just walked right in! She didn't 'get' the whole just sing at the door bit. It was really cute! Poor Mark has been playing Mr. mom after work because I have been able to work doing catering. Its been a good little job and I really like the work and the people I work with. I hope my kids survive (And my poor mother!) me being gone 11 hours/day, 3 days a week! There's nothing like the Christmas rush of work parties right up until Christmas eve!:)

And if you are still reading this entirely too long post, you really are a true friend and I will pay you your $5 bucks when I see you next for all your hard efforts. Thank you for hangin in there!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks - I'll take my $5 - ha ha!! I can't believe all that - I might not have believed it all if there weren't pics to go with it! Good grief! Hope you have a good Christmas!

Annette said...

Wow! Poor Blake...and poor you! That's probably not the best way to spend December you know. :) I hope the rest of the month is much less eventful.

Chris said...

It is about time you have a crapy month! Just kidding. I love you and that stinks. Just think though... you have three beautiful children, a pretty decent husband, the prettiest and funniest "Best friend" (I put it in quotes so all your other friends won't get offended :) and you live in beautiful San Diego where you didn't get over a foot of snow today and aren't quite sure why you moved to the top of the hill that you probably will end up walking up since your car won't make it... and you aren't a second grade teacher that writes ridiculously long run on sentences with poor grammar!!!

Love you babe!

Reggs said...

Oh my, Heather. Keep my $5 and put it towards wrapping the family in bubble wrap!! You guys took a beating. The ladder story made me CRINGE. Glad that everyone is okay.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, Heath!

Christina said...

Wow! You guys have had quite an eventful month or so! Your kids are so cute! I'm so glad to be home so I get to see you all more often!

wer said...

nuts! i'm glad you documented all of that because you'll want to remember it all later. i still can't believe you knocked yourself out with your own foot! that sucks but i was busting up reading it. it was good seeing you today.

Unknown said...

It sure has been a crazy month for you! I hope all the weird stuff is done with so you can have some peace and relaxation and truly enjoy Christmas. Love ya!

Michele said...

WOW! I see you every week and I didn't know about all of this. Thanks for catching us up! You put me to shame...I still have a Thanksgiving background up on my blog! I guess I've been too busy checking out facebook. :) Good luck with the catering, are you working with Sherry?

Lisa T. said...

No way!! What a nightmare! I think you've had your share of injuries and problems for the next 3 years. (But don't count on it, right?) Unfortunately we can relate, somewhat. (Except that it's only ONE person in our family with medical problem after problem. Who else but Brian.) You've inspired me to buck up and write. Hope you have a calm and merry Christmas. You deserve it!

Laura Beers said...

Wow...I'm so sorry about you and Blake!!!!
I loved all your pictures of your kids. They are so adorable.

I figured out what happened. I clicked "Heather and Greg" on Reagan's site and that site is private. Obviously, if I took two seconds to think about it your husband's name is Mark. So here I am.

Scary about the robbing at the mexican restaurant. I'm so glad you followed the spirit!!!

Steff said...

Nice, $5 for me! :)
Hopefully next year brings you all better luck!