So we went to Chase's 6 month Well baby cHeck-up and shots routine and the Doctor said that Chase was "Scrawny!" Yep. Scrawny. Poor guy! He weighs 15 pounds and is 26.5 inches long. That's 50%tile for height and 10%tile for weight! Maybe if I paid more attention to what goes into HIS mouth than MINE our roles would be reversed. He is just such a fickle eater, getting distracted By siblings and every little noise that comes along, he pulls away and then I oftentimes forget to feed him more. I am starving my child!! (And people wonder why we don't get a cute puppy for our kids to play with...I can barely keep my own CHILDREN alive, let alone a dog!)
Ok, its really not that bad. The doctor did give me two new cans of baby formula to "top him off" with after nursing. Nice. Those cans are expensive! Thanks, doc.:) Chase is getting the eating/chewing thing down now finally. He would just push the food out with his tongue. But he enjoys his rice cereal, squash, sweet potatoes, LOVES pears and applesauce, and the occasional yogurt.
Chase started pulling himself around. The process goes something like this: he first is sitting up and then goes down on his tummy, then up to hands and knees, pulls up to his tippy toes and hands, twists is hips from side to side, then ends up back on his tummy and grabs at the floor to lurch himself forward at an object he wants. He's pretty funny. And he's such a blondy, the other 2 were a lot darker than he is!



Sticks in the Mud
2 years ago
9 comments:
Oh my little man!
he is adorable... he is such a little guy now, not a baby. Madi is loving all the cute pictures of your angels... keep them coming friend! Love you!
dang, he got big FAST! and i'm sorry the whole weight thing has you stressed out. He's just watching his figure. :) I would suggest Oreo Cakesters. THey'd put anyone in the 90% weight range.
Cute pictures! If it's any consolation I starved my children too when they were younger. I actually had to record everything Jenna ate for the doctor. He'll catch up!
He's too cute! Does he look like your dad? Uh, not that I'm saying your dad is cute or anything like that:) 3 kids aren't so easy, are they?!! I still am not up for a puppy and mine are waaayyyy older!
Hey Heather! Your little boy is so darling!!! I found you through Wendy's blog and am so happy to see that your little fam is getting so big now, how exciting!!! Sorry for being a blog stalker but I really couldn't help myself... :)
LOL! You're so funny. He doesn't look that scrawny. He's so cute! I think he looks a lot like Brielle did when she was a baby. Maybe I can find you some coupons for formula ;)
He doesn't seem scrawny at all, maybe the dr is on crack?
That was a funny post! Chase is absolutely darling!! He looks like such a happy little guy. I feel your pain with "scrawny" kids. It's not so bad to be a petite girl, but who wants to be a scrawny boy?? We are still adding straight olive oil or straight butter to the kids' food.
Post a Comment