January 17, 2011
To commemorate Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. the kids did not have school on Monday, January 17th. So, it being pretty sunny, we headed to the beach! It was such a beautiful day! We went down prepared for it to be chilly (I mean, after all, it IS winter!) and brought our hoodies, but only I needed mine when the breeze would pick up every once in a while. The kids were
so happy digging, playing in the (FREEZING!) water, finding shells and sea creatures. We were there for seriously about 5 1/2 hours. It was wonderful. The beach (or Bay side as we were at on this day) is like a babysitter. The kids just play and play, eat, play, play and play.
Building roadways, tunnels and castles in the sand. He loves to made underground passageways.
Sticks in the Mud
2 years ago


1 comments:
I'm loving all the posts! This one is making me super sad though. I want to go to the beach in the middle of winter! So not fair, that I am stuck indoors. Can't wait to see you guys next week. Maybe we can hit up the beach, I would love that!
Post a Comment