Brielle started kindergarten! TWO in school!! There were NO tears (from child or parent) and all were happy. Especially those of us who now get to do grocery shopping and errands with one child and not two or three in tow (smiles, glee, hands clapping ensues)
Both Blake and Brielle were very excited to start school and for their new teachers. Blake is now in second grade and a so grown up. Technically he is almost half way through elementary school! Crazy! But he likes to choose his backpack and this year he wanted a book bag. Ever the trend setter, I asked him why, and he just said he thought it was cool. Ok, but its not that comfortable, and its almost as big as you. I don't care, he says, it feels fine. Alright. (*Fast forward two months and he's over it now. Wants a backpack. Sorry, buddy! That's what you picked for the ENTIRE YEAR!!)
Here's the handsome 2ND grader
Chase thought he was starting school too...until we left the school grounds with him balling!
School buddies! Blake said he would protect Brielle at school...so sweet:)
They both picked out their "first day of school outfits"...whatever!
Brielle was super happy and felt so grown up
She found her name tag and seat right away and got busy with a letter puzzle. See ya mom and dad!!
I was a little nervous about how this day would go down because the whole summer Bs expressed her excitement for kindergarten, but also said how she was nervous because of all the big kids at the school. She was completely ready to go, but the idea of all those big kids scared her. She is used to being the big kid on campus;)
Well, the night before school started, Brielle asked Mark for a blessing because she was starting to cry adn get really nervous about the next day. Mark said of course, he was going to and gave her a wonderful blessing. Right after it was over, she hopped off the chair and smiled and said, "I'm ready!" and there was not one more tear or fear shed. What faith this little 5 year old has already.
Then Mark asked Blake if he was ready for his blessing. Blake responded nonchalantly, "no, its ok. Ive already done this." Ha ha! We thought that was so funny and cute. But we explained to him that both our daddy's had given us Father's Blessings at the beginning of every school year, and its not only if we are scared. To which, he replied, "well, ok, if you want." Thanks, Blake, for being such a good sport;)
I feel bad for the kids this school year, I've been so sick I haven't been able to take them to school in the mornings or work in their classrooms like I usually do. :( But, thankfully, Mark's work schedule shifted a little and he is able to take the kids in the morning, which is an insanely huge blessing. He's become quite the Mr. Mom. Doing Breakfast, homework folders, snacks, and yes, even hair in the mornings and dashing off to school then work. I really appreciate all he does to fill in for me during this time.
3 comments:
so cute. they are growing up so fast. btw, how are you feeling these days? when are you due?
Only one kid in tow for just a little while more now, right? I totally feel your pain about not being able to do things for the kids. Last year, it was because I was pregnant, and this year my leg was broken and I had to stay off it for 8 weeks. I even missed taking Kallie to her first day of preschool, so there won't be any first day pics for her. Oh well, I'm not a superhuman. I thought you were, though ;) I love Blake's book bag... does Mark have a similar one that he's trying to imitate? I would feel worried about buying it for him, but you warned him, right? Good for you for buying it anyway! Kids gotta learn to live with their choices.
So cute! Isn't it nice to have 2 in school??!! I'm lovin' it :) I miss homeschooling though!
Post a Comment