Friday, July 16, 2010

MUD RUN! June 12, 2010

Its been 7 year since I did the Mud Run at Camp Pendleton. I have always wanted to do it again because it was such a blast, but being pregnant, having kids, nursing, and lets face it, procrastination, has kept me from doing it sooner. So my friend Aimee encouraged me to do it with her and her husband (and KR too, but torn up her ankle, and couldnt:( ) so I finally did it again!


It was a lot more gruelling than I remembered...possibly because I am not in as good of shape three kids later! But the obsticles were fun, tiring because of the 3 miles of steep uphil at the beginning that contained sand pits, river crossings, and did I mention straight up hill? Then down a steep grade to where the rest of the 3 miles were filled with a 5 foot wall and mud pit, 75 yard (foot deep) lake swim, tunnels, another mud wall, suicide hill (basically a straight uphill with a firehose of water running down it!!) and a mud pool that you had to swim through with only your head sticking out of the water. Caaarazzy!! And all along, my friend Aimee ran with me and encouraged me, although I'm pretty sure she could have gone faster;)
Aaron, Me and Aimee at the beginning of the race. (Poor Aaron's tooth got knocked out in basketball and he's awaiting a new one!)



Not too flattering...but note the color of my tank BEFORE the race...compare to after!



AFTER!!! Aimee mwas wearing a white tank! And we never knew what happened to Aaron's shirt!?!
Checking out our mud lines on our legs!
DIRTY!!!


Mark was so sweet and came up to support me with all the kids!:) I was so dirty and gross after that the kids just STARED at me and wouldn't come near me for awhile! They wouldnt even let me hug them until after I had showered:)


It was a great expereince and sense of accomplishment. It really heightened my awareness of what kind of shape I was in and what i need ot work on!;) But Im so glad I did it! Thanks, JilliBob...I mean Aimee for being my partner!!! And thanks to Jeri, Kasey and Kristen for being my exercise buddies! Some day we will all run it together!!

2 comments:

Michele said...

WAY TO GO!!! That's so awesome that you did it. I thought about entering the race...just for a moment. Now you have serious bragging rights! :D

Staceygirl said...

How can you not know what happened to a shirt? Good thing that didn't happen to you... haha. Is your skin super tight and smooth now?