April 29, 2000
December 2008
Happy Anniversary, Honey! I can't believe I've been married 9 years now...that's almost half of my enire single life! (Yes, I got married at 19...oh so young!) I also can't believe how much Mark and I have grown, done, accomplished, NOT accomplished ;), experienced, laughed, cried, seen, and loved in these 9 years. Its been a ride, one that has been surprisingly better than I ever thought it could be, thanks to my honey.
Recently Mark and I were talking and he asked me if I thought my life had turned out the way I had imagined it would so far when I was younger. I thought for a moment and told him, "Truthfully, I thought I would be a better mom. More patient, and lot more fun! But my marriage with you, and as a husband, is better than I imagined." (tear...aww) It's true. I had always heard from so many and knew that marriage was hard and it wasn't all flowers and cupcakes. I didn't believe that it was perfectly happily ever after just because you said, "I do." And I am grateful, now, for that concept of marriage in my mind because it helped us to work at our marriage and not take it for granted. That it was up to me to do my part in how I wanted it to be. And I am so thankful for a husband that respects me, and whom I respect, and puts so much effort into making me happy and feel loved.
One of our engagement photos
I know that in the grand picture of our existence we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of things. There will be much harder and darker days ahead for us to face together. And there will be great joys for us to embrace together. But at least I know we have a good foundation, a strong start. And everything that comes will be fine, because we are together. Forever. I love you, Mark!!! Happy Anniversary!
Sticks in the Mud
2 years ago
8 comments:
You two are such a cute couple, and you're an amazing mother. You are so fun and your kids are adorable. Happy Anniversary!!
That was awesome! Happy anniversary you two.
Congratulations! I hope you were able to go out together... alone. You two look exactly the same as you're wedding photo : ) Cute post
You would make is all look bad if you were any better of a mother. Happy Anniversary! (Now I don't feel as much as a stalker :)
You guys are old!! Just kidding! we are going to try and come in July...yeah!!!
That was really, really sweet... I mean it. Like sap. I'm just jealous because I want my husband to give our marriage a tribute like that!!! I think I might be waiting a long time on that one. He's upstairs sweeping and mopping right now, though... that's how he shows me he loves me (and I can't complain). Congrats on 9 years!! I always think people who marry young aren't experienced enough to know what they're getting into, but you have such a level head on your shoulders, and you're so sweet... who wouldn't like you?
Happy Anniversary Heather!! And yeah to us girls who get married at 19!! :)
What?? Marriage isn't flowers and cupcakes?? I QUIT!
LOLOLOL!!!
I REMEMBER when you got married, and I can't believe it was 9 years ago. Dang, girl! I'm so happy you are happy.
Post a Comment