Monday, August 18, 2008

Blake Starts Kindergarten!


Well, it is official, I have a kindergartner! My baby is no longer a toddler or baby, or anything of that category, he is a big boy in a big school with Lots of BIG kids! AHHH!! He was soooo excited and couldn't wait, no apprehension what so ever and completely happy to strut his new Batman backpack. He picked out his snack for the day and made sure I packed his lunch just right. Once we got into the classroom with the WHOLE family (a process and no small feat) he never looked back. Finding his name-tag, seat, and promptly putting a puzzle together, he was loving it. Mark and I got a little teary-eyed, but I vowed last night that I would not cry in front of Blake. Its so wonderful that he is growing and learning and is excited to start this new chapter in his life. At the same time, I am so torn with the emotions of the "outside world's" influence being so prevalent in his DAILY life. 6.5 hours of it everyday! I just hope and pray that he can be strong and learn what NOT to do. :) Having Blake attend preschool a few days a week this past year really helped to transition him into kinder with no separation issues and no tears. However, Brielle shed PLENTY of tears for Blake. NOT because she would miss him, but because she wanted to stay too!! We'll see how long that lasts. Although she gets to start preschool 2 days a week tomorrow and she can't wait. Man! What am I going to do with all this free time?! HEEhee heeee...:)






THE Batman Backpack!

6 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm dreading and loving the future date when I get to drop Koen off at Kindergarten, for all the same reasons you posted. Being a mom is hard! This is just the beginning...

Lisa T. said...

Wow, what a milestone! Next year I'll be in the same spot. I have the same fears as you. It is so hard to let your precious innocent little ones out into the big bad world. Aren't we grateful for the gospel and even more motivated to teach them to CTR!

Jenn said...

Blake will do great! You've taught him what's right :)

Michele said...

What an exciting day! It was hard for me too, but somehow I survived our own "separation anxiety" (and I thought it was supposed to be harder on the kids, not true!). I love the background on your blog, BTW.

Unknown said...

Isn't Kindergarten great???!!!

Zapata said...

Blake! Your backpack is so cool. Bronx also has a Batman one and he started kindergarten this year. He misses playing with you and hopes that the housing market continues to crumble in San Diego so your daddy and mommy have to move to Zion with us. (However, Bronx's dad sometimes wishes the opposite. Honestly, how can you have Zion without a beach?! Especially a San Diego beach...I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to the Brethren to try and figure this out. I better get strarted.) Bronx and Bo send their love, kisses, and Batman punches your way. Peace.