Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011

Is just ONE normal picture too much to ask for, Chase???




Hunting Easter eggs at great Grandparents house Going over the loot!



Easter was really fun. The normal festivities occurred. Chase was so cute ATTACKING the eggs! He ran to each one, arm swinging frantically as he dove on top of the eggs. It was hilarious!!


Another funny thing that happened was the night before Easter we were putting the kids to bed and Brielle started freaking out about the Easter Bunny coming inside our house! She was so tired and I could tell, but she just kept crying and saying she didn't want the Easter Bunny to come inside the house. She said "The thing of the matter is, I'm scared of Santa, and I'm scared of Leprechauns, and I'm scared of the Easter Bunny too!!" (It was so hard not to laugh!) But she was so genuine and really scared.


So we asked her what we should do and she said to have the bunny leave the stuff outside on the porch. To which Blake cries, "Brielle! You are RUINING EASTER for me!!! That's NOT FAIR!" Well, we reassured her the bunny wouldn't come inside and told Blake we'd work it out and it'd be ok, that we'd leave the bunny a note to leave every thing outside and then Dad and I would still hide the eggs the Easter bunny left for them. It was quite the affair, but we got them to bed. And the Easter bunny just did everything as normally planned. In the morning there was not ONE comment made about the Easter bunny coming in the house. Brielle was as happy as could be and excited about all the eggs and Easter loot. She was just so tired the night before she was being dramatic and emotional. Oh girls! Gotta love em! And Easter morning was a hit at 6:30am for about 20 minutes. Then mom and dad went back to bed for another hour and a half!!:)

2 comments:

Lindsay K. said...

Lucy did the exact same thing! She was so terrified that the Easter Bunny was going to come upstairs in her room. It is kind of scary if you think about it, a huge bunny coming in your house. I would be scared too!

Gotta love the girl drama!

Staceygirl said...

My kids left the eggs they got at school outside their bedroom door in hopes that the bunny would hide those, too (he didn't... must've been too tired to notice). I guess it hasn't occurred to them that it might be scary to have a strange bunny hopping around the house (luckily!). What does Brielle think of the Tooth Fairy?